Adriatic Sailing Week 2020
UPDATE 30th September 2020
Further to the update from the Commodore on 21st September, the VISC Committee decided last evening that it was necessary to postpone the planned Adriatic Sailing Week 2020. The Covid-19 situation in Austria has not improved recently and the situation outlined previously still applies. Despite our best efforts to arrange this trip, circumstances have unfortunately developed such that the club is unable to support this event. Due to a congested overflow of charter bookings from 2020, the possibility to defer to the Spring is not available so the event is postponed until October 2021.
The good news is that taking regard of surplus funds derived from previous Adriatic Weeks, the committee decided that all deposits and payments made so far by partIcipants can be refunded in full. There is a deposit to the charter company for the boats booked that will be carried forward to October 2021 but this will be covered by club funds. Bank transfers will be made to return your payments to the account you made your transfer from, as soon as we have the resources to process them.
Rear Commodore Programme
We are very happy to be organising the VISC annual end of season regatta in Croatia again this year together with Sail Charter International. This “Sailing with Friends” event is the highlight of the VISC sailing calendar and each year brings new and experienced club members together for a week of fun and enjoyment. This year we’ll be sailing a Hanse 445 match fleet based at Marina Kastela near Split.
Save the Date: 24 – 31 October 2020
VISC has been closely monitoring the current situation concerning COVID 19 and related restrictions and their impact on possibility to hold this flagship event. Anticipating that the situation will normalise further in a few months and considering that charter bookings have been very popular in Croatia for the end of October 2020, we are announcing this event earlier than usual to ensure our fleet . We have reduced the initial deposit to reduce the risk to members should postponement/cancellation occur before the second payment is due. In such unlikely event, we will consider a possibility of postponement to an alternative date in 2021.
The location is fixed, the boats are booked, all is needed are the crews and skippers. We are planning on having racing as well as cruising days this year. At least 4 races will be held across the course of the 6 sailing days, allowing time for some relaxing cruising to discover the beautiful islands and bays of the Croatian coast and islands.
To spice up the sailing this year all boats are equipped with Gennakers. Gennakers are great fun, although a little more challenging for skipper and crew, but will give the boats much more speed on down-wind courses.
Cost: €550 per person (members and non-members) per person (based on 6 persons per boat).
EARLYBIRD DISCOUNT: Pay your €100 deposit before 14th June 2020 and the cost will be €520 (members only) Now closed
Included in the cost:
- Boat and Gennaker rental
- Boat deposit Insurance (including coverage for racing)
- Transit log and on-board WiFi
- 2 evening dinners (Welcome dinner and Prizegiving dinner)
- 4 nights mooring fees away from Kastela
- A regatta T-shirt (sponsored by Sail Charter International)
Not included in the cost and to be paid directly in Croatia:
- Mooring fees beyond the 4 nights
- €3500 deposit per boat (refundable if boat returned with no damage)
- Tourist taxes
- Onboard fuel
- Food and drinks for the boat
Additional skipper insurance (optional), travel insurance (recommended) should be arranged prior to travel.
- Payment of €100 deposit by as soon as possible to confirm your place. We will send confirmation of the booking when your payment appears in the club account.
- Remaining €420 for Earlybird discount holders or full amount of €550 by 1st September 2020
- Cancellation: By booking and paying the deposit you are committing to the event and to making the full payment whether you do take part or not.
Please note that we will do our best to fill any cancellations and refund to the extent possible as a goodwill gesture, but cannot be held liable if you have to cancel (refer to T&C below).
- Please read and agree to the attached VISC ASW Booking and payments T&Cs by clicking the box on our booking page.
The fees should be paid into the VISC account,
IBAN: AT85 6000 0102 1028 7200