Date(s) - 20 October 2019 - 26 October 2019
The last VISC sailing event of the year and also the highlight of our sailing calendar is Adriatic Sailing Week. 2019 is no exception, and from 19th to 26th October the VISC will hold the ASW 2019. The location is fixed, the boats are booked, all we now need are the crews and skippers.
This year we’ll be sailing the same Bavaria 40s match fleet that we sailed the past two years. However, Pirovac will be home port this year. Pirovac is just north of Vodice, and is about 1 hour closer than Split, and a great starting point for the Kornati National Park, where we will be sailing to and around.
We are planning both racing as well as cruising days this year. At least 4 races will be held across the course of the 6 sailing days, allowing time for some relaxing cruising to discover the beautiful islands and bays of the Croatian coast and islands.
To spice up the sailing this year all boats will have Gennakers. Gennakers are great fun, although a little more challenging for skipper and crew, but will give the boats much more speed on down-wind courses.
Cost: €500 (members) /520€ (non-members) per person (based on at least 5 persons per boat)
The event is open to members and family and friends of members.
If booking for more than one person please write the name of the other persons in the comments box. Also indicate if you are skippering or crewing.
Details of the boats: Bavaria 40 S
- Boat and Gennaker rental
- Insurance (including coverage for racing)
- Transit log
- 2 evening dinners (Welcome dinner and Prizegiving dinner)
- 3 nights mooring fees for nights outside of Pirovac
- Regatta T-shirt (sponsored by Sail Charter International)
- Tourist taxes
Not included and to be paid in Croatia:
- Mooring fees beyond the 3 nights
- 1050€ deposit per boat (refundable if boat and sailings returned with no damage)
- Food and drinks
- Cost of diesel
- 250€ by end of July to confirm your place.
- 250€(270€) by 15th September
Please transfer the payment to the VISC club bank account quoting under payment reference ASW 2019 Deposit / Final payment and the name(s) of the person(s) the payment is for.
IBAN: AT85 6000 0102 1028 7200
To book please pay the deposit to the VISC club bank account and send an email to John Plumb at email@example.com, stating the following information:
- Full name(s) of person(s) you are booking for.
- If the person(s) are club members or not.
- Skipper or crew?
- Name of skipper you have already arranged to crew for.
- Proof of payment
We will attempt to fill cancellation and refund if possible.