12th May 2020: The latest version of our 2020 VISC Programme is here. Covid-19 means we need to be flexible and your committee will try to continue with as many of the planned events as possible. The Spring Regatta has unfortunately been cancelled and the trip to Lake Balaton is now postponed to the autumn. Sail Charter International have moved the Greece trip forward to next year but check out their proposal for a sailing holiday late August/early September.
4th May 2020Now that the Austrian authorities have started to relax the lock-down restrictions, we can announce the start of this season’s Thursday Sailing at Hofbauer Sailing School.
Clearly the general rules on social distancing in public places will still need to be observed so be prepared to adjust to new arrangements.
The club has arranged for members to rent a limited number of the Pirat dinghies from 17.30 on Thursday 7th May. Please contact Melanie Smith in advance by WhatsApp or on 0664 1567554 for the details.
24th March 2020
Dear Members, due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation, while measures imposed by the authorities remain in place, events on the 2020 Programme are currently postponed until further notice. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as we have them.
Registration for the Balaton trip remains open and a decision will be made nearer the event before any funds are committed so full refunds will be available if cancelled. Contact Christophe Xerri for updates.
Any member who has a booking with SCI, either privately or for the Greece Flotilla should already be in contact with Frank Honan who is available to discuss your individual concerns.
As a community we should still keep in touch with each other through social media and whatever else is appropriate. Stay safe, take care and keep your sailing dreams alive.
John Plumb, Rear Commodore Programme.